Pasadena City Area Community College District serves as the fiscal agent for LARC and K12 Strong Workforce. The resources below are intended to provide you with key documents and guidance with contacts, reporting, grant closeout, and invoicing. If you require additional assistance, please contact Denise Vidrio (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Linda Bermudez (email@example.com).
LARC contracts and participation agreements (PA’s) originate in the Purchasing & Contract Services Department located on the Pasadena Community College campus. Purchasing & Contract Services is the main point of contact for any issues or questions related to these documents. The documents are generated from the LEAs and Community Colleges’ participation commitments uploaded into the NOVA system.
Once processed and confirmed, participants receive their respective agreements via Adobe Sign, the signature program used by LARC to confirm and track all contracts, PA’s and amendments. Please allow Adobe Sign to reach your email inbox and check your spam folder to prevent deleting these documents. These documents, once fully executed, are recorded and filed for LARC’s use to issue payments and manage fiscal services for all participants. The main point of contact for financial matters is the PCC Fiscal Services Department.
The timeframe for processing contracts and PA’s is dependent on the participants review, signature confirmation and responsiveness to the LARC due dates set forth in the NOVA system and Adobe Sign alerts sent out by LARC. A typical document completion might be 3-4 business days. LARC will attempt to respond and process these documents as quickly as possible.
Questions and concerns can be directed to Alonso Berumen at Aberumen4@pasadena.edu or 626-585-7338.
LEAs can invoice for an Advance Payment of 70% of their award once their sub-agreement is fully executed.
At each Round’s Close Out, a Final Payment Invoice is submitted for the remaining 30% of the award amount or the balance that was spent through the end of the Round’s performance period.
Invoice Template can be accessed here.
Submit Round 5 Advance Invoices here.
A Budget Modification Request would need to be submitted anytime there is a change in the amount of a budget line item of 10% or more and/or a new budget category is being added or deleted.
Budget Modification Requests:
- Do not affect the total project allocation for the LEA
- Are for allowable costs
- Are consistent with the purpose and intent of the approved project.
Please use the Budget Modification Request Form
A completed Budget Modification Request Form can be uploaded and submitted to LARC for approval by accessing the Budget Modification Submission page.
LARC Fiscal staff will acknowledge receipt of a Budget Modification Request within 24 hours and will contact the LEA if any corrections are needed.
Once a correct Budget Modification Form is submitted, LARC Fiscal staff will process the request and email the LEA within 48 hours to notify them of their decision and give them instructions on the next steps to update their budget in NOVA.
As a requirement of receiving K12 SWP Funding, all LEA’s must submit Progress and Fiscal Reporting through the Chancellor’s Office NOVA Reporting System.
In addition to the NOVA Fiscal Reporting, LARC requires that a copy of the LEA’s G/L report also be submitted to LARC for each quarter as back up documentation.
- Sample copy of a G/L report
- The quarterly G/L back up reports should be uploaded and submitted to NOVA
- LARC K12 SWP Reporting Due Dates
K12 SWP Request for Applications Progress and Fiscal Reporting:
To ensure the successful implementation of the K12 SWP, grant recipients are required to submit:
- Five (5) Progress and Expenditure Reports via the NOVA Reporting System
- Three (3) Annual Course Data Reports via Cal-PASS Plus
- One (1) Final Report K12 Expenditure Report and Outcomes via the NOVA Reporting System
The required reports demonstrate that grant recipients have met the dollar-for-dollar match requirement (specified in Education Code, Section 88828) and are providing program deliverables using the K12 SWP funds pursuant to Education Code, Section 88827. It is the responsibility of the lead LEA to ensure that all K–12 Partner Agencies on the project submit mid-year progress and expenditure reports either on their own or to the lead LEA to submit on their behalf. Failure to submit required reports or evidence that deliverables have been met could result in the loss and/or remittance of all awarded funds.
The following reports are to be submitted by the due dates indicated on the RFA or updated timeline on a CCCCO memo.
Extensions of reporting deadlines may be made with the approval of the Regional Consortium.
Due dates are subject to change, pending announcement from the CA Community College Chancellor’s Office.
The K12 SWP Program is housed in NOVA. To request an account or login to the system, please visit the NOVA login page
A Grant Closeout Package is required for each K12 SWP project in order to close out each Round of Funding and to process the Final Invoice payment.
Round 3 Closeout forms and deadlines:
- Closeout packets due 9/29/23
- K12 SWP Round 3 Close-out Packet Link
- Expenses needed to be encumbered by 06/30/23
- All encumbrances must be received and paid before 9/29/23
- If you do not anticipate spending all funds or meeting the match requirement, please reach out to Denise Vidrio for assistance
The Fiscal Reporting Overview Google sheet (FROG) includes budget, financial match and expenditure data for each institution included in the selected K12 SWP grant (R2-R4)
- FROG Report Generator
- NOVA Fiscal Reporting Video
In this "How To" video the makers of NOVA, ProductOps, present how to complete K12 SWP Fiscal Reporting in the NOVA platform.
- Even though you budget by fiscal year, and you track your expenditures by fiscal year, NOVA reporting is cumulative, so there is no annual "carry over".
- NOVA is a cumulative reporting system. So if in Q1 you report $20,000, then the minimum amount required to be reported in Q2 is $20,000. If you want to report $5,000 in Q2, you would report $25,000 (20,000 from Q1 + 5,000 from Q2). If you entered $5,000 in Q2, then it would be like you have negative -$15,000 in expenditures.