January 31, 2024 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
The College & Career-Ready CTE Middle School Symposium is an enlightening and enriching annual event tailored to educators who play a pivotal role in guiding middle school students toward successful academic and career trajectories. This symposium offers educators an invaluable opportunity to explore effective strategies, share best practices, and enhance their understanding of how to prepare students for the evolving landscape of higher education and careers. Through insightful workshops, interactive discussions, and expert-led sessions, educators will gain the knowledge and tools needed to empower students for a brighter future.
- Tour and examine first-hand a 21st Century CTE College and Career Lab
- Link curriculum to industry needs, engaging students in relevant projects, and helping them understand the relevance of their studies in future career pursuits
- Learn how to access and utilize CTE middle school funding sources to support program development to include Perkins, ESSER, and Linked Learning Gold Certification
- Explore strategies to foster strong partnerships between parents, educators, and students in shaping students’ future paths
- Explore strategies to provide equitable access to CTE opportunities for all students, addressing potential biases, and fostering an inclusive learning environment that supports diverse backgrounds, abilities, and aspiration
- CTE Teachers