November 1 - November 2
NewFilmmakers LA (NFMLA) is excited to offer an amazing on-set professional skills tour! This has been made possible thanks to the California Film Commission.
We will host 12 current college students (selected on a first come, first serve basis by application process) at the Radford Studio Center lot (previously known as CBS Radford) for a production mentorship on the set of the new feature film K-Pops! The experience will include an orientation about working on set, a tour of the studio lot, a tour of the sound-stage, a lunch with the cast/crew of the film and a shadowing opportunity. (this production has secured an interim agreement from SAG-AFTRA so you will not be breaking any strike rules by participating)
1. Please only apply if you are available at the following date, time and location.
2. Please also only apply if you are interested in learning about the departments mentioned in the requirements section below.
3. Please note, by participating on November 6th, you may be invited back to shadow a department head on an additional date TBD.
* Date: Monday, November 6th, 2023
* Time: 9:30am – 5:30pm PT (you must be available for the entire duration)
* Location: 4024 Radford Ave, Studio City, CA 91604
* Requirements: You must be a current college student studying the field of entertainment and you should be interested in learning about different production departments, including, but not limited to camera, electric, production design, costumes/wardrobe, assistant directing and VFX. You must be willing to return for a 2nd shadow day if you are invited back.
K-Pops! stars Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) and Jonnie “Dumbfoundead” Park (Raya and the Last Dragon). The film is the directorial debut of eight-time Grammy winner Anderson .Paak. The project is produced by Stampede Ventures and is receiving support from strategic partner Live Nation Productions.
If you would like to apply, please click here. The deadline to apply is Thursday, November 2nd, 2023 at 2pm PT.