February 21, 2024 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm$50
This four-session CTE Professional Learning Series for Teachers is a comprehensive professional development designed to equip CTE educators with the necessary skills, knowledge, and strategies to excel in their roles as facilitators of practical, college and career-focused education. This training program recognizes the unique challenges and opportunities that CTE teachers encounter and provides tailored support to ensure their success in preparing students for diverse and dynamic careers.
Following each session, participants will apply those actions to increase attendance, reduce academic and behavioral challenges, and expand the scope of their program through industry partnerships for job and internship opportunities in support of equitable learning opportunities for CTE students. Participants will then analyze implementation and outcomes and explore pivotal considerations for continuous improvement.
Improve Student Outcomes
- Explore data assessment tools to continuously update their knowledge to effectively monitor student progress including challenges to our marginalized and underrepresented to address chronic absenteeism and improve graduation rates
- Explore strategies to provide equitable access to CTE opportunities for all students, addressing potential biases, and fostering an inclusive learning environment that supports diverse backgrounds, abilities, and aspirations
Champion Individual and Collective Care and Wellbeing
- Delve into effective pedagogical techniques to address individual student learning needs to create a positive classroom environment that encourages active participation, engagement, collaboration
Strengthen Community with Children at the Center
- Understand the nuances of various educational pathways including university, community college, pre/apprenticeships, dual enrollment and articulation.
Model Organizational Excellence and Innovation
- Explore strategies for instilling values such as integrity, responsibility, and teamwork, setting a standard for students’ future careers
Special CTE Guest CTE Advocate:
Linked Learning, LAUSD
- CTE Teachers
- Industry Partners